‘delicious and healthy recipe by Boris’
We spend a lot of our time here in France thinking about food and preparing food. Boris baked several versions of this new vegan apple bread until we were really happy with the recipe.
This apple bread with flavors of almonds, walnuts and cinnamon is absolutely delicious and even healthy as we use whole grain flour and very little sugar. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 3 Apples (500 gr)
- 3 ripe Bananas (500 gr)
- 100 gr Walnuts
- 80 gr Almond flour
- 80 gr Semolina
- 120 gr All-purpose flour
- 120 gr Whole grain flour
- 60 ml Sunflower oil
- 50 gr Sugar
- 100 ml Oat milk
- 15 gr Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Take a big bowl and add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, then mix.
- Preheat the oven at 170 °C.
- Peel the apples and cut them into medium size pieces, also cut some slices that will go on top of the bread (keep these separate).
- Peel the bananas and use a fork to squash them into a puree.
- Now add to the flour mix the banana puree, apple pieces, walnuts, oil and oat milk then mix .
- Take a bread form and cover the inside with parchment paper.
- Transfer your mix to the bread form and put the apple slices on top.
- Brush the top with some sunflower oil and it’s ready to go into the oven.
- Bake for about 55 minutes at 170 °C (if you see the top getting burned you can cover it with aluminum foil).
- Let it cool down and enjoy!
France, June 2019