So far this is clearly one of the most asked recipes at our yoga retreats.
Boris makes this amazing mango blueberry swirl, which is vegan and can easily be gluten free as well. Most people who eat it for the first time will not be able to guess the main ingredient of the creamy top layer. Only the vegans know how to make such creamy, yummy, silky, soft layer out of nuts, cashew nuts!
Recipe for about 6 portions
- 120 gr Soft dates
- 22 gr Coconut oil (au bain marie)
- 20 gr Tahin
- 40 gr Chopped walnuts (or any other type of nuts)
- 50 gr Crumbled Cookies (can also be gluten free)
- 135 gr Cashew nuts (raw! and soaked overnight in water)
- 85 gr Coconut cream (au bain marie)
- 35 gr Coconut oil (au bain marie)
- Juice of about half a lemon
- 50 gr Blueberry jam (or any other kind of jam)
- 50 gr Mango concentrate (or any kind of jam or fruit concentrate)
- Add to food processor: coconut oil + tahin + dates + cinnamon until a paste forms
- Add crumbled cookies and chopped walnuts and mix by hand
- Press this dough evenly in a tart form or anything else you like to use. Place in fridge
- Remove water from the cashew nuts
- Add to food processor: cashew nuts + coconut cream + coconut oil + lemon juice until a soft and smooth cream forms
- Split the cream in two equal parts
- Part one: add blueberry jam
- Part two: add mango puree
- Take the crust from the fridge, add alternately a spoon of mango cream and blueberry cream on to the crust. Then use a knife and create a beautiful swirl by moving it through the creams
- Put it for at least 5 hours or overnight in the fridge, then enjoy!